Effective Date: January, 31, 2021
1) Information Collection
- Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to volunteer for the campaign, receive updates, request information, fill out a form, sign a petition, sign up for an event or to host an event, join our grassroots investment team, create an account, participate in a contest or promotion, make a donation or purchase, submit feedback, communicate with us via third party social media sites request support, send us an email, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, contact information (including email and phone number), payment information, resume and employment information, demographic information, event information, and any other information you choose to provide. If you participate in grassroots efforts, we will also collect information that you choose to provide us about your friends and other third parties. We may also collect information as required by the Federal Election Commission as required where necessary.
- Automatically Collected Information. When you access our Site, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log and Usage Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information).
- Transactional Information: If you make a donation or purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product details, and date and location of the transaction.
- Approximate Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device, such as from your IP address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
- Information We Collect from Other Sources. We and our service providers may, on occasion, collect information, such as voter file data, from outside sources and combine it with information we collect from you. In addition, if you participate in grass roots efforts that result in the creation of an account or a log in to a third-party site, we will have access to certain information from that site, in accordance with the policies of such site.
2) Campaign Purposes and Uses of Information
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, support, personalize, and improve our Site;
- Solicit volunteers, donations and support for Tom Simonian and other candidates, issues and organizations we support;
- Facilitate grassroots organizing;
- Process donations and transactions;
- Communicate with you about the campaign or the Site, and respond to your communications and requests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- Provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Carry out other purposes described to you at the time the information was collected.
3) Sharing of Information
- With vendors, service providers, volunteers, event organizers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With campaigns, candidates, organizations, groups or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- With other participants in a joint fundraising committee;
- To report information to the Federal Election Commission;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Tom Simonian, its employees, volunteers, constituents, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Tom Simonian;
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
If you host an event, certain information about the event, such as event location and the event contact information may be made available to people who sign up for the event and may be publicly displayed in connection with the event.
4) Data Retention
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate campaign purposes. We do not collect, process or store financial information on this site - all donations are processed via our trusted 3d party payment vendor Anedot.
5) Links to Other Websites
6) Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button) which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features may enable the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending your privacy settings for the relevant social media sites. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
7) Online Petitions
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
8) Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. You can also change your browser settings to block cookies, although doing so may disable some features of our Site. Your device may also include a feature (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS or “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt Out of Ads Personalization” on Android) that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through apps used for behavioral advertising purposes.
9) Transfer of Information to the United States
Tom Simonian is directed to U.S. residents and we process and store information in the United States. If you are located outside the United States, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access to your information in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
10) Your Choices
You may exercise your choices according to the following:
- Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving Tom Simonian promotional emails or text messages by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your use of the Site.
- Updating Information. You may update and correct certain information you provide to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate campaign purposes and may retain cached or archived copies of information about you for as long as necessary for our business purposes.
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
- Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. You can deactivate promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
11) Contact Us